Friday, September 2, 2011

Tell Me Your Thoughts, Before I Give You Mine

Most of you know that my child intentionally ripped the legs off a grasshopper this week. As devastated as I was, I am over it. However, almost every single person who read or heard the story from my mouth said something along the lines of, "Boys will be boys."

I cannot tell you how annoyed I have become with this comment since I have worked in the field I am in now. The entitlement and excuse that flows with this comment raises a lot of concerns in my line of work. And wouldnt you know it..... I have a lot to say about it.

Before I do, what do you think. Even if you are not a mom today, what kinds of issues can you see surfacing with this comment? Do you even see any?


Also, I side note:
If you let your 2 1/2 year old watch a DVR'ed Caliou while you are in the shower, check to be sure that when it is over and normal TV resumes, your TV is not on the horror channel or you will come out dripping wet to your child screaming, "OH-NO MOM!" And that is because he or she is probably watching Jaws. Fail #574

0 comments:

Post a Comment